The Office and Accommodation Manager helps find and manage host family and residential accommodation for our small language school, based in Wheatley, near Oxford. The post holder also helps with the day-to-day running of our office. We are looking for a candidate already based in the local area.
We are a small, family owned language school, based in the village of Wheatley on the outskirts of Oxford. This is a friendly, relaxed work place with a great team, fun students and a lovely old building.
The post holder will:
- advertise for new, welcoming host families who wish to host international students. Induct families and help with paperwork
- liaise with families, matching and placing students with them for fixed periods, and ensuring that all documentation is up to date and meets industry/CES standards
- staff our emergency phone for out-of-hours contact (additional payment given)
- respond to host/student feedback, adjusting placements where necessary
- help booking taxis for student arrivals and inform families of arrival details
- help prepare for incoming groups of students, as well as individuals
- provide student welfare help and support where needed
- help with inductions for group leaders
The successful candidate will:
- be educated to A level / NVQ level 3 or equivalent relevant experience.
- have experience working in a general administrative role in a busy office environment
- be able to monitor and prioritise workloads
- have great customer care skills with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- be well motivated, able to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks under pressure.
- be able to work under limited supervision and on own when required. Good time management skills.
- have excellent IT skills – Microsoft Office applications
- Have DBS clearance
- Experience within the educational sector in a similar role
- Experience of working with accommodation provision and knowledge of housing issues.
- Experience of working with a formal complaints procedure.
- Educated to degree level.
- Clean driving licence.
- Understanding of safeguarding issues
- Familiarity with the Class database system
For more information and application pack contact: [email protected] or call 01865 874786
Applicants must complete an application form and all appointments are subject to satisfactory references and DBS check. CES has a policy of safer recruitment. CES is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for applications – 5th May 2022